Wednesday, January 2, 2013

0 Cindelaras #4 (Indonesian Folklore Legend)

Punishment for the Queen
Thus, the Physician was able to convince Raden Putra that it was the Queen who poisoned the Concubine.
“Patih, take the Queen to the forest and execute her,” said Raden Putra to the Patih, his kind confidant.
With full of regret, the Patih said, “Alright, my Lord,” with his face down.
“I am innocent, Kakanda!” said the Queen as she cried.
“How could you do this to me!” yelled the Queen as she still sobbed.
Raden Putra pretended that he did not hear the complaints from the Queen and even said aloud,” Take her immediately, Patih!”
“Come on, Queen,” said the Patih with a low tone.
On the journey, the Queen continuously cried. He could not understand why her husband did not  believe her. Her husband more believed the Physician. The Patih actually did not believe that the Queen has poisoned the Concubine. He believed that there was a conspiracy between the Physician and the Concubine. But, nothing to say. Raden Putra trusted the sly and evil Physician more than his kind and moral wife.
Along the way, she did not only cry, but the Queen also continuously trew up.
“I’m pregnant, Patih,” explained the Queen.
The Patih suddenly felt more pity.
In the middle of the forest, far enough from the kingdom, it was the place where Patih have to execute the Queen.
“I surrendered to you, Patih. Do your duty,” said the Queen as she sobbed louder.
“Queen, I don’t believe that you would poison the Concubine, you only have been slandered,” said the Patih wisely.
“I don’t want to kill you, my Queen,” said the Regent with his pity gaze.
“Patih, if you don’t do it, then you will be punished,” said the Queen insisted.
The Patih did not answer what was said by the Queen, but he went deeper into the forest. The Patih squatted and looked at a rabbit hole. When a forest rabbit crossed, the Patih caught it quickly and he killed the rabbit. Then the Patih took his sword and smeared his sword with rabbit’s blood.
“My Queen, as far as you don’t leave this forest, I’m sure that no one will know that you are still alive,” said the Patih.
“Alright Patih, I will always stay in this forest,” said the Queen.
Then the Patih packed up his belongings and headed to home.
“Be careful during your stay in this forest, my Lady,” advised the Patih.
“Thank you, Patih for not killing me and my future child,” said the Queen as she moved.
“Take care your self well, my lady,” said the Patih.
The Queen burst into tears as she nodded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

KeepeeKeebee Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates